Join the Forest of Bowland Sustainable Tourism Network
The National Landscape supports a network of like-minded businesses to develop and promote the sustainable tourism opportunities within the Forest of Bowland National Landscape.
Its aims are:
- To work collaboratively to ensure businesses in the area deliver social, economic and environmental benefit, while at the same time enhancing visitor experiences
- To enable related businesses across the National Landscape to connect and share ideas and good practice
- To provide opportunities to develop and promote sustainable experiences, activities and products for visitors linked with the Forest of Bowland National Landscape brand
- Monthly e-bulletin that shares business to business news, National Landscape events & flyers and information about opportunities
- Free brochure ordering system via Take One Media
- Opportunities to be part of National Landscape publications – Discovery Guide and other leaflets
- Be invited to join an annual tourism forum with speakers and networking opportunities
- Be invited to informal, regular networking meetings
- Opportunities for hosting meetings & training and showcasing your business
- Social media – business to business Facebook group and visitor page
- Opportunities to link with National Landscape initiatives – Festival Bowland, Dark Skies project, Green Tourism
- Opportunities to attend training at special rates e.g. marketing, social media workshops
If you would like to join the Forest of Bowland Sustainable Tourism Network, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to arrange a visit to come and see you.
The purpose of the Sense of Place Toolkit is to help you to use the special qualities of the Forest of Bowland National Landscape in developing and promoting your own product, as well as contributing to sustainable tourism.
Eco Escapes is about leaving the car at home and taking the time to explore new places by public transport, on foot or by bike. It’s about discovering the area's wonderful natural environments and the wildlife that makes its home there.
The Eco Escapes Business Toolkit provides resources for promoting the campaign and can help your business align with the special qualities of our Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Fact sheet about the Forest of Bowland National Landscape with ideas for activities and places to visit (double-sided A4 pdf).
6 ways to help keep the Forest of Bowland special - to use in your own marketing.
National Landscape illustrated Countryside Code poster to download
Find out further information about how to become a green accredited business.
Get in touch to find out how you can embed the National Landscape's Outdoor walks into your own business website - have a look at the routes here. There is now a charge for this by Outdoor Active, but I can pass on the information. Email email@example.com
Download the National Landscape's family friendly resources for your younger visitors, and keep the whole family entertained.
In 2022/23, we’re supporting rural businesses by creating a collection of walking and cycling routes to promote sustainable tourism experiences in the Forest of Bowland and Arnside & Silverdale Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. We will be targeting eco-conscious tourists keen to explore active travel or public transport options and discover beautiful natural landscapes, amazing wildlife and delicious local food by following a series of integrated itineraries which showcase quality accommodation, hospitality, experiences and activities. These will be linked with the gateway rail stations of Lancaster, Clitheroe, Silverdale, Settle and Bentham, to highlight the wide variety of wonderful visitor attractions and quality accommodation available and inspire visitors to stay a little longer.
(Please note: The funding has come from Lancashire County Council as a pilot cluster project to support rural recovery from the Covid pandemic, so can only include Lancashire-based businesses. The project is managed by the Forest of Bowland National Landscape.)
If you're a hospitality business in Bowland or Silverdale and would like to find out more, please follow his link: Register Interest for the new Eco Escapes Project | Forest of Bowland National Landscape
Find out how you can link with the National Landscape's dark sky status and become a 'Dark Sky Friendly Business'.
The primary purpose of the locator logo is to assist local tourism businesses and communities to promote the fact that they operate within, or are allied to, the beautiful landscapes of this nationally protected area.
Find out how to become a business sponsor for our Landmark Trees Project.
Can you help raise valuable funds for Champion Bowland by hosting a collection box with badges or are you interested in being involved in a project to raise funds for local projects which benefit the environment, local communities and visitors? Then please get in touch - we'd love to hear your ideas! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to the destination website to promote your business - £100 annually - supporting the charity Champion Bowland