Join the Forest of Bowland Sustainable Tourism Network
The AONB supports a network of like-minded businesses to develop and promote the sustainable tourism opportunities within the Forest of Bowland AONB.
Its aims are:
- To work collaboratively to ensure businesses in the area deliver social, economic and environmental benefit, while at the same time enhancing visitor experiences
- To enable related businesses across the AONB to connect and share ideas and good practice
- To provide opportunities to develop and promote sustainable experiences, activities and products for visitors linked with the Forest of Bowland AONB brand
- Monthly e-bulletin that shares business to business news, AONB events & flyers and information about opportunities
- Free brochure ordering system via Take One Media
- Opportunities to be part of AONB publications – Discovery Guide and other leaflets
- Be invited to join an annual tourism forum with speakers and networking opportunities
- Be invited to informal, regular networking meetings
- Opportunities for hosting meetings & training and showcasing your business
- Social media – business to business Facebook group and visitor page
- Opportunities to link with AONB initiatives – Festival Bowland, Dark Skies project, Green Tourism
- Opportunities to attend training at special rates e.g. marketing, social media workshops
If you would like to join the Forest of Bowland Sustainable Tourism Network, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to arrange a visit to come and see you.
The purpose of the Sense of Place Toolkit is to help you to use the special qualities of the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in developing and promoting your own product, as well as contributing to sustainable tourism.
Fact sheet about the Forest of Bowland AONB with ideas for activities and places to visit (double-sided A4 pdf).
6 ways to help keep the Forest of Bowland special - to use in your own marketing.
Find out further information about how to become a green accredited business.
Download the AONB's family friendly resources for your younger visitors, and keep the whole family entertained.
Complete the short online form to secure your space in the 2020 guide - we will be in touch in the autumn with details about the artwork.
Find out how you can link with the AONB's dark sky status and become a 'Dark Sky Friendly Business'.
The primary purpose of the locator logo is to assist local tourism businesses and communities to promote the fact that they operate within, or are allied to, the beautiful landscapes of this nationally protected area.
Find out how to become a business sponsor for our Landmark Trees Project.
Can you help raise valuable funds for Champion Bowland by hosting a collection box with badges or are you interested in being involved in a project to raise funds for local projects which benefit the environment, local communities and visitors? Then please get in touch - we'd love to hear your ideas! Email email@example.com
Please provide us with some online feedback about our new destination website proposal!