Travelling light and treading carefully in the precious but fragile rural landscapes of Lancashire.
Lancashire’s two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) have joined forces to launch Eco Escapes – a campaign to encourage sustainable tourism in these delicate environments.
Eco Escapes encourages visitors to visit Arnside and Silverdale and the Forest of Bowland AONBs by train and explore on foot, by bike or e-bike, supporting the rural economy by spending money with independent retailers and buying local artisan produce where possible.
It’s about leaving the car at home and taking the time to explore new places by public transport, on foot or by bike. It’s about discovering the county’s wonderful natural environments and the wildlife that makes its home there.
Above all, Eco Escapes is about making connections: between town and country; between visitors and residents and between people and nature.
The following resources will help your business benefit from the Eco Escapes project and align yourself with the special qualities of our Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: DOWNLOAD ECO ESCAPES PHOTOGRAPHY
- BRAND NARRATIVE: DOWNLOAD TEXT TO USE IN YOUR MARKETING/WEBSITES
- SOCIAL MEDIA GRID: DOWNLOAD GRID FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
- SOCIAL MEDIA KEY WORDS/PHRASES: DOWNLOAD KEYWORDS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
- SHARE THE LINK TO THE PROMO FILM:
- DOWNLOAD YOUR PREFERRED LOGO:
(click each logo to download a high res version)
We have a series of 6 posters linked to each itinerary to download:~
(click on each image to save a copy of the poster)
KEY STEPS TO MAXIMISE THE OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUR BUSINESS:
Check your business listing, images and how it is being categorised at www.discoverbowland.uk and get back to us with any amendments.
Email either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us news and offers that we can add to the homepage
- Tag us in your social media posts using: Facebook: @discoverbowland Twitter: @BowlandNetwork Instagram: @discoverbowland
- Add a link to www.ecoescapes.org.uk and www.discoverbowland.uk on your website to highlight all that the area has to offer!