The Forest of Bowland AONB benefits from dedicated staff, who are responsible for coordinating and delivering many AONB projects and activities which make a significant contribution to the delivery of the AONB Management Plan. This dedicated staff team is known collectively as the AONB Unit. The responsibility of the AONB Unit includes:
- Coordination and management of the AONB Partnership and the review of the AONB
- Management Plan
- Develop and manage key projects and activities to support delivery of the AONB Management Plan
- Raise funds to support the delivery of the AONB Management Plan
- Raise awareness about the importance of the AONB
- Working closely with local communities and businesses to increase involvement in the work of the AONB Partnership
The AONB Unit produces a rolling three-year business plan (agreed by the AONB Joint Advisory Committee) with detailed objectives and actions to guide the Unit’s day-to-day activities.
In this section read all about our current projects and activities.