Discover the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on social media.
Here you'll find up to date information about the work of the team and partnership. We look after a number of accounts including the Forest of Bowland AONB, Pendle Hill Landscape Partnership and Discover Bowland accounts:
Twitter: @forestofbowland @PendleHillLP @BowlandNetwork
Facebook: @bowlandaonb @pendlehillproject @discoverbowland
YouTube: Forest of Bowland AONB and Pendle Hill Landscape Partnership
‘Social media‘ is the term commonly given to online tools which allow users to interact with each other in some way – by sharing information, opinions, knowledge and interests. As the name implies, social media involves the building of communities or networks, encouraging participation and engagement.
Our social house rules set out how we will behave on social media and what we expect in return.
On social media we will:
- Share stories about the Forest of Bowland AONB including the important work of our staff, partners and activities across the AONB
- Provide information to help people access and enjoy the Forest of Bowland
- Respond to messages and engage with followers who respect and stick to our social house rules (our office hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday). If you ask us a question on social media we will seek to respond as quickly as possible, but please be aware that we can give a more detailed response if you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In return we expect:
- Our followers to put the social into social media! Share your love for the Forest of Bowland and join in the conversation
However, we will not accept:
- Content we consider to be threatening, abusive, indecent or obscene – this includes text, images or direct messages
- Content we consider to be misleading, false or illegal
- Spam or persistent negative posting behaviour that impacts on the enjoyment and use of the vast majority of our social media users
- Repetitive negative posts designed to provoke a response to a question that we’ve already answered.
Remember – behind every post, there is a person trying their best to look after our amazing landscape.
We may remove, in whole or in part, any post on our social media accounts that do not conform to our social media house rules.
We reserve the right to report or block the user from following our accounts.
If you have any questions please contact email: email@example.com