The Outdoor Learning Transport Fund is now open for applications.
Before applying, please see information about The Country Trust's new offer below, as this may be appropriate for your group. Groups in receipt of Country Trust funding are currently not eligible for Outdoor Learning Transport Funding for the same visits.
The Forest of Bowland offers a wonderful resource for learning.
There are opportunities to explore science, geography and history by investigating wildlife, habitats, farming, food production and heritage; or you can gain inspiration from the landscape to bring maths, English, art, PHSE and other subjects to life.
In order to help groups take advantage of Bowland's fantastic learning resources, we offer an Outdoor Learning Transport Fund held by local charity, Champion Bowland, on behalf of the AONB.
Groups can be located in any area but must be visiting a venue or site within the Forest of Bowland AONB.
The Fund is open to groups on the following basis:
- Bursaries can cover 50% of transport costs, up to a maximum of £200 per visit
- Funds will be distributed on a "first come, first served" basis, and the number of applications per group will be limited to two per year/academic year.
- Groups must complete a short, post-visit feedback form and provide a copy of the paid coach/minibus invoice in order to claim the bursary
- Champion Bowland will pay the bursary direct to the group's nominated bank account
- All planning, permissions, risk assessments and health & safety related to the visits, along with hiring of transport, will be the responsibility of the group
If you would like to apply for an Outdoor Learning Transport Fund bursary for your group, please complete the on-line application form. For more information about the fund please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Free School Farm Visits with The Country Trust
As of September 2022, The Country Trust have received funding through the Farming in Protected Landscapes programme. This is enabling them to offer free farm visits to primary schools with over 23% Free School Meals, SEND or alternative curriculum secondary school groups and some other groups such as refugee groups, HAF out of school groups and women's refuges. There are currently eight farms offering these free educational access visits within the Forest of Bowland AONB. In addition to the free visit, The Country Trust are also able to offer 50% (up to £235) towards travel costs. For further information contact: