Please note that the Outdoor Learning Transport Fund is now temporarily closed to new submissions. Our apologies for any disappointment.
The Forest of Bowland offers a wonderful resource for learning.
There are opportunities to explore science, geography and history by investigating wildlife, habitats, farming, food production and heritage; or you can gain inspiration from the landscape to bring maths, English, art, PHSE and other subjects to life.
In order to help groups take advantage of Bowland's fantastic learning resources, we offer an Outdoor Learning Transport Fund held by local charity, Champion Bowland, on behalf of the AONB.
Groups can be located in any area but must be visiting a venue or site within the Forest of Bowland AONB.
The Fund is open to groups on the following basis:
- Bursaries can cover 50% of transport costs, up to a maximum of £200 per visit
- Funds will be distributed on a "first come, first served" basis, although number of applications per group may need to be limited.
- Groups must complete a short, post-visit feedback form and provide a copy of the paid coach/minibus invoice in order to claim the bursary
- Champion Bowland will pay the bursary direct to the group's nominated bank account
- All planning, permissions, risk assessments and health & safety related to the visits, along with hiring of transport, will be the responsibility of the group
The AONB is also home to a number of profiled farms which offer educational access to schools and groups, enabling people to learn about the rural outdoors in a working environment within the Forest of Bowland's fantastic surroundings. These venues offer toilet and handwashing facilities, alongside indoor classrooms or shelters. Visits can incorporate curriculum-based projects and lessons, or simply give groups the chance to be outdoors and find out more about what goes on in the countryside.
If you would like to apply for an Outdoor Learning Transport Fund bursary for your group, please complete the on-line registration form. For more information about the fund please email firstname.lastname@example.org