The primary purpose of the locator logo is to assist local tourism businesses and communities to promote the fact that they operate within, or are allied to, the beautiful landscapes of this nationally protected area.
Five locator logos have been produced:
- Tourism Business in the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Working in the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Happening in the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Made in the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Located in the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
The scheme is part of the Forest of Bowland AONB's Sustainable Tourism Work which aims to work in partnership with a range of visitor related businesses and organisations to encourage sustainable tourism to the area, benefitting rural businesses and the local economy as a whole.
The Locator Logos represent the place – there is a different logo for The Forest of Bowland AONB organisation.
They are not a quality mark, and do not represent an endorsement, funding or any other support by the Forest of Bowland AONB.
Who can use the Locator Logos?
- Tourism businesses, community groups, event organisers, projects or charities based in or carrying out a significant part of their work/activity in the Forest of Bowland AONB.
- Applicants are asked to sign up to the Forest of Bowland Locator Logos Charter – which outlines a series of straightforward commitments – and some Conditions of Use.
How much will it cost?
At the moment the Locator Logos can be used for FREE – there will be no charge from the AONB Partnership for their use. We will evaluate the project and the usage of the logos annually. After evaluation the AONB partnership reserve the right to levy a charge for future use. This could be allocated to a specific project connected to AONB purposes.
What’s the criteria for use?
- If a business is applying they must be members of the Forest of Bowland Sustainable Tourism Network
- The logos must not be used in such a way as to bring the AONB Partnership or the Forest of Bowland AONB into disrepute, or which goes against AONB Partnership policies or purposes.
- Promotional material or merchandise that only carries the Forest of Bowland Locator Logos is not permitted. They must be accompanied by the business/seller’s own logo/identity.
- The logos must not be distorted, altered in shape, cropped or added to. Guidelines to help ensure correct application will be provided.
- They are not for resale.
- If the logos are misused, further action may be taken.
Why and how do I apply to use a Locator Logo?
- The Forest of Bowland AONB logo is a valuable asset and the application process helps us to protect it. The application agreement acknowledges that you will undertake to use the new Locator logos respectfully. Only those who have applied for use may do so.
- Simply complete the short online application form and sign the Locator Logo Charter.
- Assuming you meet the criteria your application will be approved and usage guidelines and the logos themselves will be sent to you by email.
Contact Hetty Byrne on 01200 448000 email@example.com