Visiting the Forest of Bowland AONB
With the recent easing of restrictions many facilities and local hospitality businesses have reopened in the AONB. Whilst enjoying more time in the Forest of Bowland please continue to stay safe and consider the following:
- Know the Countryside Code - Plan ahead, take a map and exercise within your limitations to keep pressure off local resources.
- Avoid hotspots and busy spots – we know everyone has their favourite place in Bowland, but if large numbers of people all head to the same place, it becomes impossible to safely socially distance. If you arrive at a site that is already busy, please find an alternative.
- Our farmers have been working hard to maintain food supplies during the pandemic. Support them and our communities by leaving gates as you find them, sticking to the path and keeping dogs on the lead (Note: If you are with a dog and cattle chase you, it is safer to let go of your dog's lead).
- Strictly no BBQs or open fires, due to the danger of wildfire.
- Leave no trace. Take all your litter home.
- Respect the plant and wildlife which has thrived during lockdown.
- Travel sustainably: If you can, journey on foot or bike. This means you experience the wonderful scenery of the AONB en-route and you don’t have to worry about finding a car parking space.
- Keep to current social distancing guidance.
- Be sure that you check ahead to make sure that places are open and what they are offering following the recent lockdown. Remember that is mandatory to wear face masks in shops and takeaways.
- Stay at home if you, or anyone in your household or support bubble, have symptoms of COVID-19 and keep to the isolation guidance issued by government. Take hygiene precautions when you are outside and wash your hands as soon as you are back indoors
- Be kind and respect one another.
For those wanting to stay indoors or who are shielding at home, take a look at our 'At Home in Bowland' resources and Online Events Programme for ideas and inspiration, or to get in touch please email firstname.lastname@example.org