Explore Lancashire’s Outstanding Natural Landscapes
Travel light | Shop Local | Stay longer
We're delighted to have secured funds from Lancashire County Council to support rural businesses by creating a collection of walking and cycling routes to promote sustainable tourism experiences in the Forest of Bowland and Arnside and Silverdale Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
We will be targeting eco-conscious tourists keen to explore active travel or public transport options and discover beautiful natural landscapes, amazing wildlife and delicious local food by following a series of integrated itineraries which showcase quality accommodation, hospitality, experiences and activities.
These will be linked with the gateway rail stations of Lancaster, Clitheroe, Silverdale, Settle and Bentham, to highlight the wide variety of wonderful visitor attractions and quality accommodation available and inspire visitors to stay a little longer.
AS A TOURISM-RELATED BUSINESS, HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
This is a fantastic opportunity to promote your business to a growing market of visitors seeking out sustainable, experiential tourism – backed by a trusted, national brand. We are not asking for any financial commitment or match-funding, but we need your enthusiastic buy-in to the project to ensure its success. Get in touch with us to get involved with the following activities:
- Free training and funding to achieve Green Tourism Business accreditation
- A professional business toolkit including high quality imagery and video for use in Eco Escapes and your own marketing
- Promotion on social media as part of a 6-month Eco Escapes marketing campaign
- Involvement in a targeted Google keywords campaign to raise awareness
- Inclusion in an online, interactive Eco Escapes map
- Inclusion in one of 4 new area-based itineraries (printed and online formats) from gateway train stations – linked with accessible walking and cycling opportunities
- Hosting journalists writing articles for publication in national and regional press
- The opportunity to be part of a professional film showcasing Lancashire’s National Landscapes
The estimated value of this package of marketing activity is: £5,000 per business
Please complete your details below if you would like to be involved with the project: