Pre-book your place for a chance to explore Lancashire's very own Coronation Meadows in all their summer colours!
Enjoy guided walks taking a closer look at Slaidburn's Bell Sykes hay meadows and their invertebrates, or expand your knowledge on a wildflower ID session. Stalls and refreshments available.
Places are booking fast1
Saturday 3rd July:
Invertebrate walks - 10.30am and 12 noon
Hay meadow walks - 11am, 1pm and 2.30pm
Meadow plant ID workshops - 11am, 1pm and 2.30pm
Please note that this event will be subject to Covid-19 guidelines. Lancashire is an area where the Covid-19 Delta variant is currently spreading. Please make sure you are aware of the latest government guidelines https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do
Pre-booked entry essential as numbers are limited. For more information and to book your place(s) please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Free attendance but there will be a charge for refreshments.
Stands on-site at the event include:
- AONB information stall
- Goosnargh Gin – tasting of this season's Hay Time gin, made with botanicals from the meadows on the farm
- Reuben Parsons, local waller demonstrating cobbling in the yard
- Butterfly Conservation – opening up their moth trap at the beginning of the day
- Scything and hay timing demonstrations
- Pole lathe demo
- Local spinner Helen Dawson
- Local proddie rug demo
- Wood carver, demos and chopping boards etc for sale
- Mike Ravey, Turnerford Oak, bespoke products from local timber
PLEASE BRING CASH ON THE DAY IF YOU WISH TO PURCHASE ANYTHING.