Farmers' markets are an increasingly popular way to buy local. People like them as they are a way to meet several producers face to face, and there is always the opportunity to chat and to find out more about how and where the food is produced.
Markets usually take place once or twice a month in some of our market towns and gateways to Bowland. Our cheese, meat and veg producers are usually well represented.
- Barrowford - Pendle Heritage Centre - 2nd Sunday in the month, 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Caton - Victoria Institute - 1st Saturday in the month, 10am to 1pm
- Gisburn - Festival Hall - 2nd Saturday in the month, 10am to 2pm
- Grimsargh - Village Hall - 3rd Saturday in the month, 9am to 1pm
- Nether Kellet - Village Hall - 2nd Sunday in the month, 11.00am to 3.00pm
- Settle - Market Square - 2nd Sunday in the month, 9.30am to 2pm
- Skipton - Canal basin - 1st Sunday in the month, March to September, 10am to 4pm
- Ribchester – Ribchester Sports and Social Club – 1st Saturday of the month (Feb to Dec) – 10am – 2pm
- Whalley - village - 3rd Sunday in the month, 10am to 2pm
There are also regular markets at Longridge, Garstang, Bentham, Settle and Clitheroe.
For further information about farmers' markets in the Forest of Bowland visit:
Made in Lancashire www.madeinlancs.co.uk
North Yorkshire Local Food www.northyorkshirelocalfood.co.uk