The Forest of Bowland AONB Joint Advisory Committee Partnership exists to:
- Protect, conserve and enhance the natural and cultural heritage of the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Promote the sustainable social and economic development of the area, particularly where such activity conserves and enhances the environment.
- Encourage enjoyment of the area where it is consistent with the first two objectives.
In pursuit of these objectives the Partnership will:
- Secure and co-ordinate the effective allocation of resources.
- Produce, review and implement an Action Plan for the Forest of Bowland AONB.
- Act as a forum for communication between constituent statutory authorities and other interested parties in all matters relating to the Forest of Bowland AONB.
For minutes of the Joint Advisory Committee visit Lancashire County Council website
The AONB's Partners
Our partners play an important role helping to manage the Forest of Bowland. The Forest of Bowland AONB Joint Advisory Committee comprises the following organisations. Click on a logo or name where a hyperlink exists to find out more details.
North Yorkshire County Council
Craven District Council
Forest of Bowland Landowning and Farming Advisory Group (No link)
The North West Federation For Sport Recreation and Conservation (No link)