The Forest of Bowland has an excellent repututation for fine food and local produce. Many eateries utilise the excellent variety of local produce the area has to offer. Dine in award-winning restaurants and inns or why not try some of the excellent cafes and tearooms, all priding themselves on using quality, local produce.
A Tea Shops leaflet has been produced for the Forest of Bowland, it is a collaboration between 31 cafe/tearoom businesses and other businesses who offer afternoon tea.
Why not combine your visit with a lovely walk that passes close or next to the eatery and enjoy a car-free day out, below are some suggestions:
- Cobble Hey Farm and Gardens, Claughton on Brock
- Gibbon Bridge Hotel & Restaurant, Chipping
- Parker's Arms, Newton in Bowland
- Riverbank Tearooms, Slaidburn
- The Priory Hotel, Cafe & Restaurant, Scorton
- Three Fishes Inn, Mitton - GTBS Silver
Also, visit the following link for a list of 'Taste accredited' businesses through the Marketing Lancashire quality assurance scheme.